X problems STILL

Bill Hughes yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:29:33 -0500

I have a couple of questions;

When you run the /usr/lib/yi/dexter.py, which file is written??

eg- XF86Config-4, or XF86Config-4.yi-save?

I've looked at both of them, and they both DO NOT list my Monitor (Generic SVGA) definition OR my Device (fbdev) Definition.

When I run /usr/lib/yi/dexter.py it finds (I won't say it selects) my "/bandit/ATYRage6p" (ATI PCI Radeon) and my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 91TXM (TFW910S) but sets neither to "whichever of the above" XF86Config files.
As the link via sourceforge from the Display support page (http://lppcfom.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1043.html
), there's definitions for every ATI Rage variant, EXCEPT the PCI Radeon.

So, my next question, does anyone know what the driver for the PCI Radeon is???

TIA
BILL
I made conscience decision in a "semi-conscious" state
-Yours truly

there's a sociopath within each of us waiting to miss the connection between an act and its' consequence
-glenn cook

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
-hunter s. thompson

time is a drug, too much will kill you
-terry pratchett