New iBook (800MHz, combo, 12.1")

Ostergaard, LH yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:26:24 +0000

Hi All,

Trying to install Yellow Dog on my new iBook. It works quite well untill
I want to run the X-windows env. I can't use the iBook 2001 settings at
all. So I tried setting the resolution myself. Nearly work. I chose
1024x678 (I think those are the number). The refresh rate doesn't seem
to make much difference, so I chose the highest value. I let the
software find the optimal settings for the card. I guess that the card
ATI 7500 should be recognised.

Problem is that there are horizontal lines flickering on the screen. ANy
ideas what these are caused by and what I might do to get rid of them???

Thanks /Lars