New iBook & YDL

Mark Sissons yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:27:15 -0500

>Trying to install Yellow Dog on my new iBook.

Sounds like you at least got it to boot after the initial install...
I can't seem to succeed with the instructions given in the
installer... My open firmware doesn't see a valid boot point after
the install completes... I'm installing to a separate HD, not the
same one as my regular OS.

Any tips that you might have if you had to deviate from the
information provided on the YDL website and the instructions
regarding setup of partitions in the installer screens would be
appreciated.

I have one HD for OS 9, another for OS X and a third one for playing
with LINUX or whatever. I had no trouble sticking DARWIN on there and
it can boot fine, so it's not some hardware issue.

Any help would be appreciated.