CD/Installation/Everything problems

Michael Richardson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 04:44:45 -0700

Okay.  Here's the deal.
I've got a G3-Lombard PowerBook that I'm trying to put YellowDog on.  The
main problem arises in that I can't get the CD to boot- the folder needs to
be blessed.  I want to wipe out the Mac OS and just run fully YellowDog.
How do I do that since the CD won't boot?  Is it possible?

Oh, I also accidently moved the ROM file around (don't ask) and so now I
can't get into the OS... any advice on how to get past that problem?

I bought the PowerBook on eBay a while back, so I don't have any system
disks.  Also, my only access to a burner is with my Windows machine- hence
the main problem making the CD bootable in Mac.

Does anyone have any ideas or help?  I guess my basic questions are, is
there any way I can start the YellowDog installation (with no worries about
saving the Mac partitions) without having a bootable CD or make that CD
Mac-bootable under Windows?

Thanks,
-Michael