trouble with yd 2.3 partition on tiBook

sheila miguez yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:39:26 -0800 (PST)

I'm having trouble with my yellow dog
2.3 partition on my tiBook after rebooting
from Jaguar.

The screen doesn't show anything booting
up, except for the first few brief lines
that quickly go away. In the normal boot
sequence, there are a few lines that appear,
and then they are cleared, and then you can
see all the things being loaded. in this
case, it doesn't get to the point where anything
is loaded.

I've managed to get back into yd a few times
by booting from the cd, and then rebooting
back into the parition.

A side effect of trying to boot into yd
when I go back into Jaguar is that the system
clock is set back to Dec 31, 1969.

I haven't been able to find anything useful
in log files, but it is likely that I am not
looking in the right place.

Another problem I had been noticing is that
when I was in yd and closed my laptop, then
reopened it, the display would not always
refresh and the curser would dissappear.

Am I going to be able to use yellow dog
and Jaguar on this computer at the same time?

sheila