installing on an 'oldworld' (8500)

fx x yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:58:36 +0000

I got an "oldworld" ppc 8500/180mhz/160, with mac Os 9.0 on it.

I saw that YDL would work on it with BootX. I downloaded the soft and YDL
2.3 iso file.

BootX seems to work properly, but the YDL installer does not recognise my
CD. Is it because my CD player and hard disk are SCSI, or is it beause of
the YDL 2.3iso file (burned on my Imac)? The installer was unable to mount
the CD/DVD.

I hope you could help me, I already tried to put a Mandrake but never saw
the installer. I hope it will be easier with YDL.

May the funk B with U.

http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp