installing on an 'oldworld' (8500)

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:15:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
my name is olaf.
I have a PPC 7500 und I have installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.3 with YDL.
So far, what I have reading your Mail, I think, that I know what is
going wrong.
Did you format your HD the write format?
Have you choosed the  ramdisk-x11.image.gz by using BootX?
If you have not selected the RAMDisk, the CD can not be mounted under
Linux for Installation.
I hope, that I helped you.
Sincerly from Germany
Olaf Neumann