installing on an 'oldworld'

David Tisdell yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:04:07 -0800 (PST)

What speed did you master the CD at? I run YDL on a
Mac clone (PowerBase 240). It is SCSI as you
described. I had to rplace the original CD drive
because it had failed and I put in a old Pull from a
Quadra 660 AV  (2X cd drive). I mastered my YDL cd at
2x and things went fine. Are you using PCI cards
especially firewire or USB? Many people have to
recompile the kermnel to get them to work. You may
want to strip it down to the way it came when it was
new, do the install, recompile the kernel with the
support you need and add any cards back in. I also
would install using the 2.2 kernel. I haven't had much
success with the 2.4 kernel on old world machines
although other people do. Good luck.
Dave