remote X?

Charles Reynolds yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:44:02 -0800 (PST)

On Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002, at 05:51AM, The Badger <theBadger@uwalumni.com> wrote:

>If I understand you correctly, yesI have, frequently.
>
>Start Oroborosx.
>
>Open a Terminal.
>
>I run a bash shell, so at the prompt, 'export DISPLAY=:0.0'
>OR
>add that line to your .profile permanently.  I did.
>
>Then use 'ssh -X hostname'.

Does it need to be Oroborosx? I haven't tried it from Oroborosx since I finally got that working. It refused to function for the first few installs. I don't know what I did differently this time. Anyway, I _have_ tried all that within the default Xdarwin winmgr (twm) and it failed. I suppose I'll try this again when I get home from work tomorrow (working a straight 48hrs today/tomorrow). I'll report success/failure then. Thanks for the response.