install on7200

steve yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:27:20 -0400

Hi all,

I am new linux on macintosh, and would like to install it on a 7200. I
have (3) 7200's but after partitioning the harddrive, and installing
BootX. The system will not start linux install. I selected text install
over graphic install, in case of conflict (even though I'm using Apple
graphics and an Apple monitor). When I hit the linux tab, the system
pauses, and the screen shuts off, then nothing happens.
Actually I have never got BootX to work, even on my beige G3. I am using
YDL on my ibook, which uses yaboot.

I would figure that since 7200 is a supported machine, I would have no
trouble, of course Linux is always a little trouble, since I use Red Hat
all the time.

There is probably a quick fix to this, but the question is "should"
there be any fix? Should it not work right the first time?
Anyway anyones help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Steve