Old World Rom, YDL 2.2 and a CD-R

Greg yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:48:25 -0700

Hi all

I read on the support site that YDL 2.2 has trouble with CD-R/Ws, and a
fix was suggested during installation while booting from the install
disk, (which my machine won't do) and, sure enough, while cdrecord sees
my drive with -scanbus it gives me "no such device" messages, both on
the command line and with a GUI. Mkisofs seems to work fine. It also
won't mount a CD.

Is there any way around this?  Does YDL 2.3 have the same problem?  I
tried for weeks to get it going on YDL 2.0, dealing with different error
messages, but with the same result. The burner works well on the Mac side.

This is the LAST device I can't get working in YDL Linux (which is GREAT
by the way), and I've been trying for months, so any little hint would
be much appreciated.

Greg

Here's my set-up if it helps:

7300/200 PPC, 256mb RAM
External SCSI Teac  CD-R drive (listed as supported on the cdrecord site)
Recent versions of cdrecord and mkisofs.  I also tried the versions that
came with the distribution.
Two 4 gig hard drives - YDL on one and 8.6 on the other.

Thanks