Install Problems

Wyatt Anderson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:57:57 -0600

Well, I had YDL 2.1 (Fuji) running just fine a while back, then I erased the
disk (since I had nothing really important) and then downloaded the 2.2
(Rome) ISO to try to install that. However, installing it has proven to be
impossible. I can boot to the install screen etc. and everything is fine,
then it freezes when it tries to install "Ghostscript fonts" or whatever.
I've got it on a 5GB partition on a PowerMac 4400/200 (not the actual one
but a clone) with the install disk on an external SCSI CD-ROM. Has anyone
else encountered this problem or is there a possible fix?
--
Wyatt Anderson
wyatt@wyattanderson.com