Apache trouble: help!

Rob Bair yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:49:30 -0500

Look in your /etc/hosts.deny   file.  There may be something there
disallowing all hosts.  Conversely, you may want to add the IP of you
LAN units in your /etc/hosts.allow    file.  If I remember, the daemon
checks the 'allow' file first when a host tries to connect.  For
security, sometimes you can deny All in the deny folder and only specify
which machines can connect in the allow folder.  In effect, you can deny
the world and only allow specific IP addresses to your machine.  The
format should be Service or Port# : IP Address : Deny  (or allow)
(optional, but helps organize life.)  Check the man pages under
TCPwrappers.

This may or may not help, but it is the only thing I can think of off
the top of my head.

Cheers

Rob
Robert Bair