Goin' better ev'ry day (was: a TOTAL newbie)

l.biagiotti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:02:00 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advices I received so far.

Shawn:
Your last post gave me a couple of clues as to where to look and what to do.
The result is that I now can see the graphical YDL installer in front of me.
So far so good ... the problem now is that the installer tells me that there
is NO cd/dvd drive on my machine and that (obviously) I will not be able to
install YDL without one.

So more questions on the go (please bear with me, you all have understood by
now that I'm a complete dummy on the matter, and besides not too clever
also...):

- Is there a workaround that will enable me to "force" the booter to
recognize my stock cd drive?

- If not can I use my Iomega Zip 100 in order to install YDL?

- If so what files should I copy on the Zip cartridge from the YDL cd
provided the whole disk "weighs" 650mb while the Zip can contain no more
than 94 megs of stuff at a time?

- If this also should be impossible could I copy the content of the YDL cd
on my HFS+ partition? (the only one I can actually see and use). It doesn't
seem possible as the only two options the installer gave me were to load
files from a cd or from an ftp site, but all I can do at the moment is ask

Thanks for your patience.

Lorenzo