6100 and 2.2

Thomas Carlson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 05:03:16 -0700

Lorenzo,

Swapping a cdrom drive is not that big a deal.  A Google search (Powermac
6100 parts cdrom) came up with the following:

http://www.timco-computers.com/macparts.html

A venerable Apple CD 300 Internal SCSI like mine will set you back $5 US
plus shipping.  They slide right in and out in a few minutes.  You should
check for local sources first, though.  Many of the old Powermac 6100s are
just given away for junk.

Hope you find a way.

Tom