.deb? Debian?

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:51:01 -0600

=2Edeb files are generally the way that debian packages software for=20
installation via apt.  Apt is the debian version of yup, which is what li=
nux=20
ppc (at least version 2.2) uses to install software.  Version 2.2 also ha=
s=20
apt installed, so in theory, you can install .deb files.. but that's real=
ly=20
the hard way to go about things.... if you want abiword installed, here i=
s=20
all you have to do:

1)  Become root.
2)  Type:  yup install abiword

Then watch the magic... it will go to your local ftp mirror, download and=
 then =20
install the abiword package.=20

That's it. :)

Good luck!