Multiple Network Configurations

Denise Lankford yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:52:40 -0500

Howdy.

Anyone know how to create and save multiple network configurations? I use my
PowerBook G4 wherever I go, and need four separate network profiles: one
DHCP, one static IP, one server assigned IP on ISDN, one 56K dialup. Using
the YDL Network Configuration in the graphical interface is perfectly
simple.

What I don't know is how to save these four separate network profiles. Right
now, I am running the Network Configuration every time I change locations.
Which isn't a big deal for DHCP, but can be annoying when you're in a hurry
and need to work with a static IP.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Denise Lankford
Computer Café
denise@cafes.net
http://www.cafes.net
931.393.3444
"I am done with apologies. If contrariness is my inheritance and destiny, so
be it. If it is my mission to go in at exits and out at entrances, so be it.
I have planted by the stars, in defiance of the experts, and tilled somewhat
by incantation and by singing, and reaped, as I knew, by luck and by
Heaven's favor, in spite of the best advice."

--Wendell Berry, "The Contrariness of the Mad Farmer"