partitioning volumes

Andrew McVinnie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:06:15 -0600

Since you are trying to use "Disk Utility"  I assume you are using
Mac OS X.  I find that "Drive Setup" of Mac OS 9 works better.  You
must boot up from the OS 9 disk to run Drive Setup so that you can
partition the drive and leave one of the partitions as
"Un-allocated".  The "Un-allocated" setting for a partitions format
can only be done at the point when you actually physically partition
the drive.  If there is another way to designate the drive as
"Un-allocated"  I don't know it.

Good luck
Andrew McVinnie