partitioning volumes

Eric D. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:25:09 -0400

I don't think you need to leave it unused. Format the third partition as HFS
(Mac OS Standard) just to be on the safe side. When you run the YDL
installer CD you can choose which partition to use (make sure you pick the
right one because you'll lose everything on it ;).

It doesn't matter whether it's HFS or HFS+ since the installer will use the
whole partition for its own purposes and apply whatever file systems are
needed (e.g. HFS for the boot "partition" (you can think of the boot
partition as being a sub-partition of YOUR 3rd partition)).

Eric.