No Mac OS CD - What Now?

Andrew McVinnie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:18:42 -0600

>> Actually, if you are just going to use the 7500 for YDL, you dont
>> really NEED Mac OS on it at all if you don't want it.
>
>According to YDL's web site, I do need it because the 7500 is an "Old World"
>Mac.
>
>> I think you
>> can startup from the YDL CD and delete all the partitions and just
>> make a nice large Linux Partition.  But you'd have to try, I've never
>> done that.
>
>You mean I can format and partition my drive using YDL CD? I thought I
>needed the Mac OS Install CD for that.  Hmm....

Well, since your machine requires Mac OS to use YDL, you will need to
format with a Mac OS CD.  My suggestion was based only on the fact
thatyou were not going to have a Mac OS partition.  The YDL Cd can
not make a Mac partition that the Mac OS can see.  So you will infact
need a Mac OS CD of some sort.  Sorry my idea didnt help.