YDL 2.2 on Performa 6400-Speed and monitor isues

Charles M. Sklar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:04:35 -0400

At 1:24 PM -0400 6/25/02, Zack wrote:
>No, maybe I should reinstall BootX and give that a try.  Did that
>come with the BootX on the YDL 2.2 CD?

Ummm, don't have a CD. I downloaded the iso from Terra Soft
Solutions. If the BootX on your CD is what is in the iso--and I don't
suspect it would be different--you shouldn't have to reinstall BootX.

>I emailed Powerlogix, and they said there is no backside cache
>support for their card under Linux.

When I ran BootX it created a folder named "BootX Extras" on my Mac
OS desktop (I'm running 9.1; YMMV with an earlier OS). I ran the
application I mentioned previously, which is found here: BootX
Extras:Utilities: GrabG3CacheSetting:GrabG3CacheSetting. The cache
enabling option was present on my next boot into YDL. Select it, save
to prefs in BootX main window and never worry about it again.

--
Chuck