which Kernel in rome

Alexander Carôt yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:38:45 -0700

Hej !

I just installed Yellowdog 2.2 (Rome) successfully on my machine. I wonder
that verythings running wonderfully ! So before messing it up I'll have to
ask two question :

1.) I have to install the low latency option to the kernel and have to
install ALSA.
Can I easily install a new kernel or is the yellow dog kernel specialzed for
the PPC (iBook). Is this the BenjaminH-Kernel ?
If I may not do that how can I choose the new options for the kernel and
recompile it ?

2.) Is there any way to use the USB instead of the not existing soundin
jack. Is there any kernal option for that ?

Thanks in advance

-- A l e x