YDL 2.1 Install (slave HD on sonnet tempo)

Jeffrey Bruton yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:24:46 -0500

I have a b&w g3 350 (rev 1) with a drive connected via sonnet tempo IDE controller card (jumpered as slave) that I am attempting to boot YDL 2.1 =
from. I followed all the instructions for the install, all went fine. I just can't boot off the boot partition. I have booted into Open Firmware, done a devalias to try to figure out which dev number is needed to boot from OF. I took a look at the list and have provided the hd related listings to the best of my knowledge.

ide0    /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@20000
ide1    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0
hd    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk0
ultra0    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk0
ultra1    /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk1

I read the HOWTO-Booting with Yaboot on PowerPC - Recovering From Misconfiguration, from that I decided my device should boot using the following

0 > boot ide1:7,yaboot

I get the this message

method <load> not found; ihandle=3Dff9cf500  phandle=3Dff874890
load-sixe=3D0  adler32=3D1

LOAD-SIZE is too small

I then decided to try using the root partition number, no luck (/dev/hdf7/ is my boot partition, hdf10 is where root resides)

can anyone help with this? Much appreciated.