IBM rs/6000 B50 7046 and BAD zImage

Mico yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:42:07 +0200

Hi all !

I tried to installa YDL 2.2 on the machine in subj getting the zImage fil=
e=20
from here:

=09http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/rs6k/zImage

as sad here:

=09http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/rs6k.shtml

When i boot with the specified command everithing is until Linux kernel a=
sks=20
me for a floppy whith the ramdisk.
What happens is that if i press a key the floppy led doesn't turn on, so =
it=20
seems to me that the kernel doesn't chat in the right way with the phisis=
cal=20
device.
Logically, afterp pressing a ker a get a kernel panic saying me to specif=
y a=20
different root=3D string.

I tried with /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd and they seems at least to wait for a k=
ey=20
pressed.
If I try something different like /dev/floppy I get a kernel panic immedi=
atly.

What can I do ?

Help !!!

Thanx !