configuring ppp

Danny . yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 03 May 2002 13:58:05 +1000

Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation that will
help me configure ppp on my newly installed ydl2.2 system.

I'm using a G4 800MHz with built in Apple 56k modem. The modem dials
out ok and makes a connection to my isp but from there I can't seem to
contact other sites. I can ping the remote ip address that is supplied
by the isp (actually, is this my own ip that they assign and is that
why I can ping it, I'm not sure) but I can't ping any other known ip
addresses. I can't even ping the dns ip that the isp supplies. I get
an error message related to some tcp operation (connect() perhaps)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Danny