Help... can I use this printer with YDL 2.2?

Sean O. Denney yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 19:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

I previously had my StyleWriter 2400 working under YDL CS1.2.1, but
have yet to get it working under YDL 2.x.

The reason being that the printing handler was changed since YDL
CS1.2.1, and it doesn't work because it does not support bidirectional
printer communication which the SW2400 needs (as do a few other
printers).

I have been told to check linuxprinting.org, but the directions on
getting this printer to work aren't very specific.  it says something
about changing a line in the CUPS "of" file.

First off, what is CUPS and how does it relate to YDL?  Second of all,
can the old lpd print handler be put back into YDL 2.x, or am I stuck
with what's there?

--- Sean