yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #35 - 5 msgs

Eric D. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 11:04:45 -0400

on 5/5/02 21:39, Sean Schertell at sean@wisdom21.com wrote:

>> If things don't work after you start X, force quit (control+alt+delete)
>> and run XConfigurator again...
>
> Okay, here's a dumb question: What's the Mac equivilant to
> cntrl+alt+del ?  cntrl+opt+del doesn't seem to work on my TiG4.

ctrl-alt(opt)-del seems to be the Linux software reset.
command-control-power is the Mac hard reset.

On your TiG4 I think (am not sure) the keyboard is USB so it won't work 100%
of the time (unlike ADB Macs like the B&W G3 & earlier (including the Bronze
keyboard PB G3 which, for some reason, has an ADB keyboard but no ADB port
(USB))). There should be a reset button (isn't there?)