intalling on an iBook

page comstock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 17:26:45 -0500

i have a brand new iBook, and i am trying to install YDL to dual boot with
OS X/OS 9.2.
ok well ive repartitioned 3 times now. ive set the first partition for linux
to "free space" (booting to the OS X cd), to "unallocated" - as the YDL
webpage says to do (booting to the OS 9.2 cd the rest of the time), and ive
also tried "AU/X Root". and everytime YDL (and also MandrakePPC) say there
is no hard disk. i can install the mac os and boot up fine so i know there
isnt actually a hdd problem...

thanks

My little hole in the net:  wurmy.dhs.org
"I coulda lied I'm such a fool my eyes could never never never keep their
cool. I showed her and I told her how she struck me but I'm fucked up
now...."
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- "Could have lied"