intalling on an iBook

Pierre Sahores yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 00:26:02 +0200

page comstock wrote:
> =

> i have a brand new iBook, and i am trying to install YDL to dual boot w=
ith
> OS X/OS 9.2.
> ok well ive repartitioned 3 times now. ive set the first partition for =
linux
> to "free space" (booting to the OS X cd), to "unallocated" - as the YDL=

> webpage says to do (booting to the OS 9.2 cd the rest of the time), and=
 ive
> also tried "AU/X Root". and everytime YDL (and also MandrakePPC) say th=
ere
> is no hard disk. i can install the mac os and boot up fine so i know th=
ere
> isnt actually a hdd problem...
> =

> thanks
> =

--snip--

Hi "Yellow Dogs",

The same there on my 14.1" IBook2 600 DVD/Combo : no hard drive
available at boot time of the installers (YLD 2.1, YLD 2.2)...

Best Regards and thanks for the help, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection acad=E9mique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage comp=E9titif