Powerbook G4: multiple network configs & dvd rom setup

Denise Lankford yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:04:46 +0000

Hello, everyone.

A couple questions about Powerbook G4. . .

1) Multiple network configurations--I have configured network settings and
had no problem on DHCP, static IP, ISDN & 56K dialup. Easy to do, once you
find K menu, System, Network configuration. Question is, how do I save
several different network profiles, so that I don't have to reenter all the
IPs and subnet and stuff each time I change location? I set up a few
different user profiles, but then the profiles don't seem to share the email
client (I'm using K-mail).

2) CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo--I am clueless. I do not even know how to EJECT, let
alone play music or movies or, god forbid, actually try to burn something. I
saw a how-to about finding the proper device ID on the YDL website. Is
determining this device ID integral to making the thing work?

Any help or even a swift kick in the ass would be helpful.

Thanks,

Denise