pdisk help

Eric D. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:06:24 -0400

I'm not sure what you're trying to do (erase & reformat the YDL partition?).

If you have OS X installed, boot into OS X and run pdisk as sudo ("sudo
pdisk" (requires that you have the root password (same as your primary admin
account I think)). You can then do everything you need to with pdisk.

If you have OS 9, you can download a pdisk for it (URL has been posted a few
times recently & can be found in the archives) and run it in OS 9 (it's a
CLUI interface though (identical to the OS X/YDL one)).

How to run it in YDL -- I don't know (never done it). You might be able to
do the sudo trick there too.

Eric.