G3 upgrade

Bert Knabe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 21:19:29 -0600

On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 07:21  AM, David R. Landon, Jr. wrote:

> I installed YDL on a 7600/132 with a Newer Tech G3/250 upgrade on a
> SCSI
> drive with no problems as well as a 7300/180 with a Sonnet G3/400
> upgrade on
> a SCSI drive with no problems. I had to run the XBoot though.
>
> David R. Landon, Jr.
> DMT, Software Engineer
> DRAMCO Machine Technologies
> 5106 Waterlick Rd
> Forest, Virginia 24551
> (434)534-0500 ext 109
> (434)534-0501 Fax
> drlandon@dramcotech.com
> http://www.dramcotech.com

My Starmax has both IDE and SCSI. It may (or may not) be that YD (or
any Linux - I've had the same trouble with several distro's) has a
'preference' for IDE over SCSI. I don't know. It sounds very unlikely,
but other than a bad drive or bad SCSI controller I don't know what it
could be. And the only problem I have with the drive or SCSI in general
is trying to install Linux.

Bert

--
Have you ever noticed that the more time you have, the less you do with
it?