Problems Using 'apt-get' in TDL 2.3

Rama, Subu yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 04:40:26 -0800

/etc/lib.sources or /etc/lib.sources.list ... (Don't have the name handy,
sorry.)

This is what apt-get uses to see what to get and compare against.
If your version changed, you need to change directories in this file.

I think ...

Subu

-----Original Message-----
From: Irena and Richard Jenkins [mailto:rjenkins@alphalink.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 5:08 PM
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Problems Using 'apt-get' in TDL 2.3

I remember an earlier discussion on this and now after a new install on this

cube I am faced with the same problem.  In an effort to speed up my KDE
system (cube - n450MHz) I am looking to install the newer (update) version
of
qt.  Trouble is my machine barks back at me that the newer version is
already
installed ... which I know is wrong.  I remember I have to change something
to get updates working smoothly ... one of the scripts from 2.2 to 2.3.  can

anyone please throw some light on this ??

Thanks

Richard