Help configuring my iMac

Juergen Schindler yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:48:55 +0100

Hi,

I have just installed YDL 2.3 (last night) and there are some problems
I can not solve.

First of all my loudspeakers produce a incredible noise: it sounds like
a live concert of the CPU or the Harddisk. It makes you crazy and I
am not able to stop it. There must be something wrong with the sound
but even the change "sound input /out" doesn't matter anything.

Then I tried to configure the Keyboard map to German. I have printed
the "HowTo" but I had no sucess. I can't reach the @-sign.

Would be anybody so kind to help a absolut Linux-Newbie?

Thank you so much

	Juergen

P.S.I am working with an iMac G3, 500 MHz, CD-RW, built in winter 2001.