Help configuring my iMac

Markus Deistler yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:53:24 +0100

Hi

Juergen Schindler wrote:

> Then I tried to configure the Keyboard map to German. I have printed
> the "HowTo" but I had no sucess. I can't reach the @-sign.

Console or X? Just for X:

*Right*!!-Optio(=ALt)+2 is the us-default for at, an unmodified de
pc-keymap has @ at "Right-Option-q", at least for an ADB-keyboard,
USB-keyboards should behave similar.

I fixed the keymap for X according to the HowTo and added some more
fixes to /etc/X11/xkd/keycodes/xfree86 and
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de, but I am still not quite satisfied. I will try
to refine  it.

I have just discovered a keymap "de" for X in
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/de made by SUSE. Haven't it tested yet.

It includes a comment saying it comes close to a German-Macos-keymap. Sounds
promising.

Hope that helps,

Markus