Tools to instal extra packages?

Brian Young yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:20:37 -0800

RPM should do fine for you.  Insert your install disk,

$cd /mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/ppc/

and then run the ls command.  It will give a list of the RPMs.  Then, as
root,

$rpm -ivh nameofdesiredRPMpackage

Oh, and if someone wants to chime in with a way to make ls let you page
through it rather than barfing the entire list out, please, as this
gentleman is not in X, and cannot scroll up.  I'd like to know too, because
I do a lot of work outside of X.  Hope this answers your question!

-Brian Young