copy text from shell

Ed Smith-Rowland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:12:46 -0500

With a one-button mouse the way to copy and paste from anywhere to just
about anywhere else is as follows:
1) Select text to copy [You don't Ctrl-C!  Just select]
2) Position mouse where you want the text to go
3) Hit F11 [Don't click the mouse in the target location!  Just hover
the mouse]

In most Unices that use a three button mouse the way to copy and paste is to
1) select area to copy with the left mouse button
2) click at the target location with the middle mouse button.
I find this extremely slick on my SGI.
The emulator for a one button mouse that we YDL users have to use makes
this a little wierd but it's still rather slick.

For a one-button mouse in YDL:
the middle mouse button click is F11
the right mouse button click is F12 (often pops up a menu or something)