yaboot.conf unknown or currupt filesystem

Tristan Deane yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:47:49 -0500

This is the second Linux Distribution this has happened to me on but here goes.  I have just installed YDL on the 2nd hd of my comp (40 gigs).  The installation goes well, everything works, and says its fine.  Then on start up the yaboot loads fine,
giving me the option of having l for linux, m for os 9, x for os x (9 and X are on my first hd) and c for cd.  When I choose to load linux it starts, but then a message comes up that says "/disk@1:8,\\yaboot.conf:  unknown or currupt filesystem" and
then gives me a bootprompt and wont let me go any further.  I have yaboot v1.3.6.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Tristan