ISO image problems- truncated names?

Thomas F Endres yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:54:02 -0600

Hi All,

I have successfully downloaded and burned a dayton install CD (via Toast 5.2
on a Mac). I then can boot up fine and start the installation process---
BUT:

The installer looks nothing like the pictures in the installer movie- looks
like native Red Hat.

And a hard disk for partitioning can never be found- and I am sure this has
been set up correctly (2 drives- master set up unallocated).

All of this reminds me exactly of installing LinuxPPC several years ago when
there was a limitation to the character length of the RPM's that exceeded
what a Mac could see. After manually looking at the /YellowDog/ppc/ contents
(from the mounted ISO) I now also see some packages with truncated names in
the dayton release. Is there an updated "package list" that deals with
truncated names or am I to try to burn this on a PeeCee?

Suggestions?
Thanks In Advance!!

Tom