ISO image problems- truncated names?

Jim Steed yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:59:02 -0500

Hello,

What are the specifics of your machine?

You are likely being defaulted to the text installer because the Dayton disk
doesn't automatically recognize your video card/monitor.  You can add
"video=..." arguments to the installer to get the GUI install, but the text
installer is not too bad.

What type of cable is your hard drive connected to?  ATA100 is not supported
in YDL 2.3.  You might need to move the hard drives to a lower speed cable
to get YDL to recognize them.  This is a necessity for newer G4s.

jim