PengAOL... help

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:50:16 EST

I am having trouble getting PengAOL to recognize my modem, though I've gotten
to KPPP to successfully query it.  I am using the 333mhz imac internal 56k
modem, and everytime I try to log on I get a "failed to initialize modem(1)"
message.  I'm sure that my solution lies in editing the Pengaol.conf file,
but I haven't been able to find adequate information on doing this on a PPC
platform.
(I wonder how many people actually use this program, since anybody
intelligent enough to get linux running probably wouldn't need to use AOL,
but...)