PowerComputing PowerBase 200

Jimi Thompson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:24:44 -0800

Folks

Here's my problem.  I'm new to both Mac hardware and YDL.  My linux
experience is mostly PC or RISC.  However, my significant other has a
surplus of elderly macs.

This is an old 604E machine and I'm trying to get YDL loaded.  I've run into
some significant difficulties.  I've tried following the directions I found
on the website, which stated that I must partition the hard drive,  load
System 8 on one partition, and then load YDL on the remaining space.   I
have done this but the box will only boot into System 8.  The boot manager
doesn't appear to be seeing YDL at all.

I keep thinking that I must have missed something, but I've run through the
directions several times.

Any help apprecaited....

Ms. Jimi Thompson

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed
by those who are dumber. - Plato