Linux not booting

Ian Silver-Ramp yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:58:08 -0600

        I installed YDL 2.3 on my iMac 266 with 384 and a 40 G hard drive.
I had to lay my partitions out as follows because of OS X's requirements on
my computer (needs to be within the first 8 G of the hard drive).  10 MB
Bootloader,  6 G OS X, 20 GB OS X stuff, 256 MB Linux swap, and the rest
(except for about 700 Mb unused at the end) was for Linux.  Any way I
started up my machine and relized that when I pressed L on my keyboard that
I wouldn't work (it is a third party keyboard, an iKey, and is not
bootable).  So I used my old Apple one that came with the iMac.  It worked I
pressed "l" and then return and it said loading kernal…, and it never
loaded.  After about five minues of nothing I turned off the power and
booted up.  When the Kernal was supposdly loading I did not hear the hard
drive spinning also, if that is of any signifigance.  Any help would be much
appreciated.  Thanks,     Ian Silver-Ramp