URGENT. startup stops after file system integrity check (unattached inode?)

Stefan yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:24:29 -0800

Hi,
I lost access to my Linux partition.  That nothing less than a little
catastrophy since my office workspace (e-mail and word processing) is
right there.
This is what happens:
The computer begins to start up until
"Setting hostname localhost.localdomain: [ok]
Your system seems ta have shut down uncleanly"
Then comes
"Checking root filesystem
/dev/hda15 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Unattached inode 130712

dev/hda15: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY,
       (i.e., without -a or -p options)

                         [FAILED]"

Then I am asked for my password for maintenance.  I also have the option
to restart by pressing "option-D"

Does anybody know what I need to do to restart this partition?
Thanks,
Stefan