After install, cannot boot into YDL.

Ian Silver-Ramp yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:25:41 -0500

The other day I instaled YDL 2.3 on my iMac 266 on the third partiton.  I
have three partitons set up, one for OS 10.2 which needs to be on the first
8 gb, another for os X stuff and then another for Linux.  After instalation
I rebooted I did not get a yaboot screen I just went straight into OS X.  I
found some stuff on fixing this problem when the Boot partitons is after
Mac OS.  SO i tried the rerun ybin, which goes like this.  when you get to
the boot options from the cd(after booting from the CD) type

cd-linux root=/dev/<linux root partition> [Enter]

/usr/sbin/ybin [Enter]

Any way i did this with my root partition being hda13, however when i did
the first step it would say that this file would work , I forget the exact
thing, it was not able to find it or use it .  anyway how can i get my sytem
to boot up to yaboot or just boot into Linux.  Anyway if i have been to
vague discribing my problems, please tell me thanx.   Ian