display settings

Manny yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:05:58 -0700 (PDT)

thanks for the suggestion...I was able to go through
the command line and just play around w/ the different
combinations of resolutions until I found one that fit
what I needed...just needed more time and patience
*sigh*..thanks..manny

When you r4econfigured X do accomodate your new
monitor, did you choose
more than one resolution? If so, turn on the numberpad
(if necessary;
I'm remembering from RedHat) and strike Ctrl-Alt-+ (or
-)(on the
numberpad, not the top of the keyboard) to access
those other res's.
    If you didn't choose other resolutions, consider
running
Xconfigurator from the command line and choosing some
during the setup
procedure. Then you can pick one that offers a useable
desktop...

HTH

Lowell