CD wont boot on PTP225/G3

Margaret Annis yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:54:27 -0500

Greetings and Salutations,

I am new to the Mac Hardware and am not having much luck getting YDL 2.2 to
boot on my PowerTower Pro 225 .. (Upgraded To G3 MaxPowr 333/166) .. I have
512MB of RAM and Two SCSI HD's . (ID's 0 and 2) and a CD-ROM Drive on the
main SCSI bus .. (CD-Rom ID = 1) .. The CD-Rom is Terminated but the HD's
are not .. I have disconnected all drives from the slower secondary bus ...

The system will not boot from CD-Rom and I can't get into OpenFirmware
because of the native Terminal mode it operates in.  My Palmpilot sync cable
doesn't have the ADB adapter so I can't use it to access the terminal. ..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Stewart C. Annis
ebaymail@diffrentbox.org