Problems with ATI Mach 64 in X on YDL 2.3

Bert Knabe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:42:42 -0500

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 01:01 AM, Craig wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been struggling with a video corruption problem in YDL 2.3 and X.
> When I set the video to 24-bit, everything seems to be amber-colored,
> and when I set it to 16-bit, the colors are a bit garbled.  I'm
> guessing
> it's a problem with the X server for that particular video card (it's
> onboard video, 2mb I believe.) I'm currently using a Starmax 4000/200
> with a Joecard G3 upgrade, 96mb of RAM. Yellow Dog Linux (Dayton) 2.3
> with latest updates (apt-get and yup)

How did you get the X server to work at all? I'm running a Starmax
3000/180 (same video as your 4000) and I've never been able to get it
to work. Actually, now that I think about it, I've never been able to
get Yellowdog to install at all. I gave up trying to run Linux because
of all the problems I had trying to get it to work.

Before you ask, I'm still on Linux lists because I hope to see the
solutions to my problems one day. ;^)

Bert
--
If Utopia is having all your needs provided so that you have no
concerns, no worries, no needs, then a blade of grass lives in a utopia.