YDL Install Question

Brian Alston yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:09:38 -0400

Hello All

	I have a very newbie question for you all. I have a Macintosh iBook
(dual USB) that I want to install YDL 2.3 onto. I have the 20GB drive
partitioned into three 6.21GB partitions. On one partition I have OS X,
on another I have OS 9, and the third partition is my junk partition
where I save files and downloads (mp3's and such).

	I want to install YDL onto the partition that now has OS 9 on it
but I don't want to completely reformat the entire 20GB hard drive to do
this. I ran the YDL installer once and came to the partition step and I
found my 20GB IBM drive. I clicked next and found a screen with the
following on it:

	/dev/hda9
	/dev/hda10
	/dev/hda11

Like I said, I would like to install YDL on the drive with OS 9 on it
without reformatting but am willing to erase OS 9 if need be. However, I
definitely do not want to have to lose my OS X partition. Any ideas how
I can go about doing this? If I knew which drive (/dev/hda9, /dev/hda10,
/dev/hda11) was the OS 9 partition I believe that I could just continue
on with the installer and set up that partition to accommodate YDL, but
that may be incorrect as well. Any help you could offer would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You

Brian