X11R6 in YDL 2.2 and 2.3 (Dayton) Not Working

Stewart Annis yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:52:29 -0500

Hail,

I have a PowerTower Pro 225 upgraded to a G3/333Mhz/1MB Newer Tech with 512
MB of Hard Drive Space and a IxMicro TwinTurbo 128+ 8MB Rev 2 and a
IxMicro TwinTurbo 128+ Rev 3 with 8MB .. I have the system installed on a
4.5GB partition (first partition on drive) ..

When I let Xconfigurator setup the X settings and acceleration it passes
(supposedly) .. but when I start X in:
2.2  Only half of the physical screen is used (Apple Pro 14" Color Monitor
640X480@67Mhz) and the color is completely wacked. Everything is pink.
(same montor works like a champ in MacOS 8.1)

2.3  The monitor goes all squiggly and then it winks out and reboots the PTP
..  (again it works like a champ .. both cards do)

I am confused by this.. apparently X setup is a tad diffrent on Mac Hardware
because I am running three WinTel boxen with SuSE 7.2 pro/SuSE
7.3personal/SuSE 7.3 Pro and I have no problems with setting up X manually..
I have been using linux on x86 for 6 years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stewart C. Annis